Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: COSQuest Live-Action Roleplaying Game Forums :: COS Quest Rules Q&A

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Displacement
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, davie, Taylor
Author Post
Adam Learn
Mon Jul 29 2019, 10:19a.m.
Registered Member #3867

Are Spells considered ranged attacks for the effects of displacement? Or is it just missle and thrown weapons?

Lucas
Mon Jul 29 2019, 12:56p.m.

Registered Member #1

Spells cast via thrown spell packets are considered ranged spell attacks. Based on that, yes, unless the monster card's description of Displacement indicate otherwise.

Regardless, the effect should also clearly state a 'No Effect' or similar call given when the ranged spell or attack misses to indicate something did not affect the creature, so subsequent attacks (if the Displacement remains in effect) would hopefully clue the caster in that something is wrong when every spell is resisted to no effect.

(I don't remember offhand but I believe it's typically the next 1-4 attacks before the Displacement is negated or 'figured out', but I could be wrong.)
Adam Learn
Mon Jul 29 2019, 01:27p.m.
Registered Member #3867

The way Displacement reads in the rulebook is This Beneficial Caster-only Spell prevents the first successful melee attack from any source from damaging the Caster. The Caster must call a Hold and state ‘Displacement’ to explain the effect, then may take 5 steps in any direction before play is resumed. All ranged attacks miss the Caster for the duration of the combat regardless of whether a successful melee attack was made or not. Once the next combat is over or one hour elapses, the effects are dispelled.
Lucas
Mon Jul 29 2019, 02:25p.m.

Registered Member #1

Not sure why I only considered Displacer Beasts and monster cards. But yes, for the Level 15 spell, both weapon and spell ranged attacks are considered ranged attacks. If this changes, we will post an update.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF