Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: Conventions & Game Days Forums :: SIBCON

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Dogs In The Vineyard (Supernatural Western) RPG SIBCon 2010
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
samwise7
Mon Jul 19 2010, 10:41a.m.
Registered Member #1082

I'm going to run an indie game called Dogs In The Vineyard (which is a RPG).

It is a supernatural western themed game that has a different premise. You are basically traveling judge, jury, and executioners, as well as exorcist paladins (in a western setting). At first the idea of playing holy characters sounds a bit weird, but trust me, this game is a lot of fun. You are given full reign to do whatever it is you think is "justice." If you think shooting someone in the face in the center of town is the best thing for the town, then no one is going to question you (or at least they shouldn't). Players have more of a control on where the story goes, and it plays out like an old episodic western tv show.

For more information on the game, check out:
http://www.lumpley.com/dogsources.html

[ Edited Mon Jul 19 2010, 10:53a.m. ]
samwise7
Mon Jul 19 2010, 10:42a.m.
Registered Member #1082

I have no problem teaching the rules. Just show up and expect to have a good time.
samwise7
Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:54a.m.
Registered Member #1082

The name of this session will be called, "The Town of Devil's Backbone." I submitted the details via the GM Reg form on the website, so I hope it went in correctly.
Chappy
Fri Sep 10 2010, 06:32p.m.
Registered Member #39

"I never play anything at the con...." this is something I hear all the time. But most people are just standing arround doing nothing in the first gaming slot.

Why don't you try out "Dogs in the Vineyard". This game gets more chatter on the Podcasts and blogs than any other game. People are always mentioning it and it has been out for quite a while now.

Just try something for once. I have to work doing Vampire registration or I would be there.

Get SIBCON off to a running start and play.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF