Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: Conventions & Game Days Forums :: SIBCON

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
What RPGs Should I Run? I Need Feedback.
Go to page  1 2
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
samwise7
Mon Mar 14 2011, 12:55p.m.
Registered Member #1082

So, I'm willing to run a good many games for SIBCON. The question then is, what should I run? I'd like to run games that people want to play (otherwise it's kind of like wasting my free time, hehe).

So, what games should I run? What would you like to see at SIBCON? I have a CRAP TON of RPGs on many shelves, so I can probably run a lot of games that people have heard of (and a lot they've never heard of).

I wanted to put this out there with enough time so that people can give me some feedback for games that they would like to see on the schedule or games they want to play in.

Is there a game you've never played, but you have always wanted to play it?

Is there a game you played 20 years ago that you'd love to play again?

Is there a genre of games that doesn't get the light of day, that you'd love to see?

Any and all feedback from people that come to SIBCON to play games would be greatly appreciated.

I just don't want to put a bunch of games on the schedule that are intriguing to me, but might be viewed as lame by everyone that comes to the convention.

Thanks.

Darkmage
Tue Mar 15 2011, 06:08p.m.
Registered Member #1123

I would like to see a one shot of Hunter or Mage from the White Wolf setting.

Matt
samwise7
Tue Mar 15 2011, 06:23p.m.
Registered Member #1082

I could do a Hunter 1-shot. :)
Moorayle
Fri Mar 18 2011, 04:57p.m.
Registered Member #25

Something that may be fun is to do a "from the vault" game slot.

Basically a GMs choice slot where you pick an obscure game from your archives and pre make characters and everything they may need in order to play. The only thing that should be listed is what players should bring (Dice types, paper, burnt offerings to the GM, ect.) and general setting (Modern day, End-of-days, fantasy, space, ect.) Everything else is presented within the four hour slot. Every con, mix it up!

Only thing is, I can't see this idea running a mainstream slot, maybe sunday or something instead. Alot of people come to this con with particulars in mind, like RPGA slot, minitures, or the Vampire Larp, and can't burn a sat. slot on something different. But this would definately attract people who want to play different and unusual games I would think.
samwise7
Fri Mar 18 2011, 09:38p.m.
Registered Member #1082

@Moorayle, So it sounds like what you are saying is that I prep like 5 games, and put something on the schedule like, "Play Some Random Game." Then when the players show up, I give them the 5 options and they vote on it?

I could probably list the games I prepped in the description that would go on the schedule too.

So is Saturday the "Prime Time" day at the convention? Maybe I should try to put games on Friday or Sunday then when people aren't playing the big games that you mentioned.

@Moorayle, What kind of games do you normally like?

[ Edited Fri Mar 18 2011, 09:40p.m. ]
Moorayle
Sat Mar 19 2011, 12:19a.m.
Registered Member #25

Naw, not quite what I am saying. I am saying for a con, prep one game, in the game listing list what to bring and the general setting, then run that one. Next con, pick another completly different game and do this same. Would appeal to those that might not even know what types of games are out there. Then again, your "prep five games and vote" idea has alot of merit behind it. Would be an huge amount of work on your part though.

Saturday is definately prime time. Probably the worst time to try something like this. Friday night or sunday. Was just talking to Luke tonight about how to open up Sunday to people (traditionally, it is VERY slow sunday)

As for what I like? Well, I am a stubborn bastard that has to be dragged kicking and screaming to try something different outside of my comfort zone. (2nd D&D FTW) Much like B.A. on a plane. But, if you drugged my milk, or did what I suggested above, I would definately sign up for a slot and give something new a try. I just really think the idea of GMs choice in a 4 hour slot is a neat way of introducing bizzare games.
samwise7
Sat Mar 19 2011, 07:37a.m.
Registered Member #1082

Well, I could run some 2nd Edition AD&D stuff as well. My comfort zone is more akin to Basic & Expert Classic D&D or Rules Cyclopedia, but it seems like 2nd is really popular up in Butler. :)

As far as prepping 5 games, yeah, it could be a lot of work, but I can keep the other 4 games till the next time around, and then just prep one more. It is an interesting idea. I do have a lot of different types of games though, so your original idea could work as well.

Like, "GM's Choice: Atomic Highway"

Have you ever wanted to play in a RPG that was like Mad Max? This would be that choice.
samwise7
Sun Jul 10 2011, 09:25a.m.
Registered Member #1082

I'm going to run 3 events.

Hunter: the Reckoning OWOD (Old Creepy Picture)
Eye of Pain, and Eye of Doom (both TSR modules) for AD&D 2nd Edition.

I submitted the events.
samwise7
Wed Jul 20 2011, 09:38a.m.
Registered Member #1082

I noticed that AD&D 2nd Edition was pretty popular with the club so hopefully the 2 TSR modules go over well. :)
Ron R
Wed Jul 20 2011, 08:00p.m.
Registered Member #175

2nd ed is pretty popular. I'm working on a basic module for the con too. Hope I get it finished.
Go to page  1 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF