Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: Conventions & Game Days Forums :: COSCON

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
2013 COSCON
Go to page  1 2
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
Matthew Monroe
Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:35a.m.
Registered Member #2207

Adam,

If a DM were to run a continual storyline (one which evolved based upon character interactions and character decisions), which spawned over multiple Cons, would you be down? Say, the DM would set aside time for one segment to allow the PCs to generate thei characters, and then run for a few more over the course of the weekend with the take growing as the game goes one. In a sense, as a player, this would be your character to play, and to define, going forward. This way you have something invested...

I've been thinking of running a 3.5 ed D&D game (I cannot abide by 4th Ed); although, as a DM, I hate pre-gen characters. I'm definitely a story oriented DM.

Would you be up for something like that? If you could find three or four other like-minded individuals, I'm down.
dave
Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:58a.m.

Registered Member #6

We did a Texas Hold em a few years back. Everyone put in Cosbucks, winner take all. We only had I think 6 people sign up. If the demand is there, I have no problem doing it again. Is there interest?
Matthew Monroe
Wed Oct 24 2012, 12:18p.m.
Registered Member #2207

Without a doubt... CosBucks. Seashells. Buttons. Whatever. I play cards for the shear competitiveness. Monetary gain/compensation is secondary.
scorch
Wed Oct 24 2012, 01:17p.m.
Registered Member #125

I only make it to about half of the cons in person. So don't let me sway your opinion. But if I am there, I would definitely play cards!

I would play for cosbucks. I bet a winner gets a couple of quest points would be a BIG draw. It might actually bring out some of the LARPers who don't normally play at the CON. A couple of gold buy in winner takes all would be fun, too.

6 is a decent number of people for hold em. Anymore and you might have to do a tournament. Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And yes, Monroe would probably win.
Matthew Monroe
Wed Oct 24 2012, 01:38p.m.
Registered Member #2207

Don't see yourself short, Matt. You can definitely play cards yourself. Mark and Tom can throw down too.
Chappy
Sat Oct 27 2012, 04:29p.m.
Registered Member #39

So...indie games and more traditional card games. Those seem to have at least a little interest.

Also, I was digging through some old stuff and I came across some old Avalon Hill game, Firepower and Dark Emperor. These kind of games might be the right thing for Sundays. You know, not a lot of actual commitment involved, easy to set up and run (provided at least one person knows the rules), could be done with just 2-4 players.
Go to page  1 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF