Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: Conventions & Game Days Forums :: SIBCON

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
SIBCON Game suggestions
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
Collin Stover
Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:35p.m.
Registered Member #2987

I am going to be attending the upcoming SIBCON, I'm looking for suggestions on what I should play. I am not too experienced with tabletop games ( only having really played 4th edition D&D ). I also attend Quest every now and again. I am looking for board/tabletop games that are good for beginners and easy to get into, any suggestions are appreciated.

[ Edited Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:37p.m. ]
Ron R
Tue Sep 02 2014, 07:17a.m.
Registered Member #175

Any of the "Living" campaigns love to welcome new players, and usually offer help to create a character (look for a Welcome game or just ask any of the players). Once you make and understand a character, you keep that character for future games. These games are:

Fantasy games-
COSWorld games,
D&D Next Adventurer's League,
Pathfinder,
Living Forgotten Realms (LFR is going away due to D&DNext)

Scifi-
Shadowrun Missions (kind of like a future version of a D&D world)
Star Wars Living Galaxy

LARP
COSVamp - If you prefer LARPS it has very easy game mechanics and you get grouped with players to help you get into the game

For board games, Wynner's Circle Games is running a tournament at the convention. I'd give it a try.
Cascade
Tue Sep 02 2014, 08:27a.m.
Registered Member #504

Both the new 5E and the Pathfinder have introductory characters (or pregens available).

5E is the newest and you'll most likely be sitting with a lot of new players.

Pathfinder (PFS) is more mature based upon 3.5 but has a much wider diversity in play if you like living campaigns.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF