Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: Conventions & Game Days Forums :: COSCON

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Non-AD&D Games at COSCON
Go to page  1 2 3
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
Chappy
Fri Jan 01 2010, 01:26p.m.
Registered Member #39

So there are plenty of AD&D games ( 4e) at COSCON and SIBCON. They have lots of players. Also, the WarGamers have plenty of players and Games. But the "other" tabletop roleplayers are either in short supply, or there are no games they want to play. I don't know which.
Anyway.....
I wanted to see if there is anything out there that people are thinking of running.

I plan on running "3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars" in the Sunday Morning Slot.

I also have "Dread" which is a horror game. Which I may be able to run if there is interest.

Is there anyone out there looking for games such as this? Or are you willing to run something different if there are players who are interested?

Chappy

Adokul
Fri Jan 01 2010, 02:43p.m.
Hey Chappy, thanks for this suggestion. I am not familiar with those games in particular but there are a quite a few I own and could play or run. I'm not sure what is all involved in running a slot though. I am most definitly interested in Non-4e games.

Heres a list of games I own and could run or play:
D20 Starwars(revised not saga edition)
D20 Modern
D&D 3.5e
Shadowrun 4e

and I have access to Dark Heresy, the Warhammer 40k RPG.

I am up to play whatever though I will need to learn it.

Adam
Chappy
Fri Jan 01 2010, 04:24p.m.
Registered Member #39

Adam (and anyone else interested),

Though I am NOT an officer of the Club, and nothing I say here is official from a Club Standpoint....

Running a game slot a a convention is not that hard. You just write (or get) a one shot adventure for whatever game. It should last 3 to 4 hours total with any character generation, selecting pre-gens, ice breakers, whatever included in the time.

You write a short discription, and tell people how well they have to know the rules ( if it is an odd system, look at running it from a beginner standpoint). You sign op with the club to run when you pre-reg. and tell them when and how often you are willing to run.

Then here is the important part..... You MUST show up and run when you say you will. You are commiting to help the club with the convention by running a game and people are counting on you.

But, just have your module/adventure written out with all your references handy...because there is little time to look stuff up at the table.

Overall, it is good. I would also recommend that you see if a friend or two who plays with you often will sign up to play. That way you know you have a player that will help out to make the adventure go well in the group.

I would encouage you to try running a slot at the convention if you are an enperienced GM. I can be a lot of fun (and sometimes a little frustrating, but mostly fun)

The reason I origionally posted, is... I signed up to run 3 slots at the last convention. and 1 was canceled (no players). 2 I had to go arround and gather up some people that didn't even know there was anything to play. So I am testing the waters early.

I would encorage the other people like me to do the same so we can see if there is interest. Or if there is something we would be interested in playing that someone else is willing to run.
celery
Sat Jan 02 2010, 02:05p.m.
Registered Member #135

I've been really wanting to bring something a bit new to the cons, because a lot of it is established D&D gaming, and there is so much out there. But I haven't had any real experience running games and as a result haven't had the courage to try it in a setting like the cons. :(

But if I were to run something, it'd probably be along the lines of BESM or old WoD, two systems I don't think I've seen there at all.
Chappy
Sun Jan 10 2010, 08:35a.m.
Registered Member #39

Maybe that is what we should be after. People who want to try running something, but have never done it.

Perhaps those who would like to try running something different could get together and "run" in an experienetal group. There are time slots that are nearly empty, and so there are lots of avalible tables.

I would be interested in playing in a game that someone who is just starting out would run. So maybe we get together a group of people who are going to be helpful to a new GM, and 2 people run a game, 2 hours each.

I don't knmow if it would work, but we could give it a shot.

Adokul
Sun Jan 10 2010, 10:28p.m.
I'm am pretty good at running and would love to help a new GM and play in their slot... Plus I always am interested in new systems, games and groups.

Adam
meriae
Tue Jan 12 2010, 08:43a.m.
Registered Member #11

Dear Chappy - I would play whatever game you decide to run. I would like to get on board early as a "Chappy Groupie" because I hear the benefits are better when you get in on the ground floor. ;)

toodles,
christina
Chappy
Tue Jan 12 2010, 07:12p.m.
Registered Member #39

Christina,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I plan to run 1 game, and I am tied up with Vampire most of the weekend, but I just might be able to run a second game if there is interest. Maybe even.... a "Whatever Chappy Feels like running at the time" Slot.

But here is the deal. The Non-4e games are in short supply. There are some GMs out there, and they are popular. We all enjoy playing their games.

While I will not benifit from people running good games at the Con, because I am not avalible to play them, I would love to see more of them.

So I would encourage you to say something prior to events posting for the Con. This will let GMs know there is a target audiance.
Or that you are looking to run, but are not sure if there is interest before you invest time and energy in getting an adventure ready.

Oh....and Christina....I am so going to make you play whatever game I am running.

Chappy
Ron R
Tue Jan 12 2010, 09:32p.m.
Registered Member #175

3:16 Sunday Morning - Was AWESOME at SIB, and is going to be part of my convention tradtions! Boo-YAH! Go space marines!
Eli
Wed Jan 13 2010, 11:32a.m.
Registered Member #138

anyone interested in 3.5 d20 modern....demolition man setting....
Go to page  1 2 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF